Monday, June 11, 2012

Country Living

The view from our house


File:MaitlandRobertStreet.JPG
The main street

I truly love where we live. I love country life. I love our community. I love our huge group of amazing friends. 

I love that the boys can walk to the end of the driveway and catch the school bus and that if they don't make the bus there is someone always looking out for them and wondering where they are.

Recently some family members visited our farm for the first time. We took them on the standard farm tour then in to our little town of Maitland (population 1056) to show them the main street and the boy's school.

As we were driving around the town exclaiming there's such and such, giving them a wave running in to 30 or so people who we knew I saw our life through another persons eyes.

We may not have designer shops but if we need to we can jump in the car and be in Adelaide in just over an hour and a half.

We may not have gourmet restaurants, but by golly there are some amazing cooks in the district and I have been to some wonderful dinner parties over the years.

Yesterday we took the kids to a bonfire with great friends. They all ran around, climbed hay bales, rode their bikes, toasted marshmallows and breathed in the fresh air. That's what country life is about and why I love it so much!


13 comments:

Belle Inspirations said...

What a Gorgeous place, truly breathtaking! Paradise I would call it! and you have a stunning home and family too!You are truly blessed!Have a wonderful week Letitia xx

Designed by penny paid by Jason said...

Yes and i miss it terribly.
I am from the Riverina
The Gold Coast is beautiful but it is a dog eat dog world up here.
What a beautiful town you live in.
Pen x

The House That A-M Built said...

You are truly blessed. A-M xx

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I can't believe that is your view, paradise is certainly a good description! As much as I love the convenience of living in the city, I really miss the things that you described. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to move back to a small town and enjoy all the things I took for granted growing up!

Brown Button Trading said...

So well said Letitia. Having grown up in the country, it is still a dream of mine to hopefully one day return x

The Moerks said...

It is just gorgeous. I love your view. Rural living is just the best.

chateaudelille said...

Sounds divine. Im quite envious. Fiona

Dream House Trish said...

Beautiful Letitia, its definately a lovely way for kids to grow up!!!

bedroom decorating said...

Hey
Country Living
I really liked being here, thanks for the reading. I am so excited I found your web blog

B is building a house said...

Perfection <3

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful town. I would like to visit the town now after looking at this. Gorgeous! Mx

TINA KENT said...

Oh what a lovely post! I can almost smell your fresh air! wonderful for children to grow up without peak hour!
I'm such a hopeless city-slicker, last week we had a fox in our backyard . . . Instead of shooing it away I screamed & ran to take a picture so people would believe me! LovT

Unknown said...

So pretty where you live...I'm a little jealous. It's wonderful! Is it a small town?